Go directly to content

Report acute pollution

Acute pollution must be notified to the national fire service.

If you observe acute pollution, you are obliged to notify the emergency number 110 (the fire service).

Vessels at sea must notify the nearest coastal radio or the Joint Rescue Coordination Centre (JRCC).

Offshore companies must notify JRCC and/or the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway. In addition, there are other special notification arrangements, including for aircrafts in case there is a need to notify the air traffic service.

Thank you for notifying us!

Notifications received by the 110-central or a coastal radio are relayed to the Norwegian Coastal Administration’s Department for Emergency Response.

Go to top